Disability Sport NI is committed to the Active Living: No Limits Action Plan. Active Living: No Limits is an Action Plan to improve the health and well-being for people with a disability in Northern Ireland through participation in sport and active recreation.
The vision for the Active Living: No Limits 2021 Action Plan is:
That everyone with a disability has an equal opportunity to access sport and active recreation leading to a healthier and more active lifestyle.
We will deliver the vision by:
Encouraging and facilitating a collaborative approach to increasing participation in sport and active recreation by people with a disability.
To date the Action Plan has delivered:
- Over 1 million pounds of disability sports equipment shared between every council area of Northern Ireland, funded by Department for Communities and Sport NI to develop a Disability Sports Hub in every council area
- 11 Poolpods, a submersible platform lift for people with a disability to access swimming pools
- All Out Trekking - 18 battery operated outdoor buggies for people with a disability to access the forest trails at Gosford Forest Park
- Four watersports projects
- 11 new Powerchairs to support the development of two new powerchair football clubs
- A plaform lift to support people with a disablity in accessing horses at Coleraine RDA
Disability Sport NI and Progressive Building Society have developed an exciting three year partnership to support part-time Disability Sports Hub Activity Leaders in every council area of Northern Ireland. The partnership will support at least 33 disability sports clubs and opportunities with over 300 participation opportunities each year.
Active Living: No Limits Partners