The Inclusive Sport & Leisure Initiative (in Armagh City, Banbridge & Craigavon).
Disability Sport NI has partnered with Armagh City, Banbridge & Craigavon Borough Council to deliver the Sport Northern Ireland funded Inclusive Sport & Leisure Initiative.
The aims of the project are to:
- Support leisure centres to improve access for people with a disability
- Support the development and long term sustainabiltiy of exisiting sports and leisure programmes for people with disabilities
- Support facilities to build capacity through providing staff training and mentoring
- Support the development and promote inclusive sports clubs
- Provide information and advice services
- Identify, train and develop volunteers to support inclusive sports clubs
Disability Sport NI has established working partnerships with a range of voluntary and statutory organisations to deliver a programme of sport and active recreation sessions. Partnership organisations include the Southern Health and Social Care Trust, local schools, sports clubs and youth clubs.
- Craigavon Boccia Club
- Richill Activity Porgramme
- Inclusive Summer Schemes
- Disability Gym Programme.
- Schools calendar of events.
- DCD Activ8 Wildcats Multi-Skills club.
- The Monday Club For People With Disabilities.
- Craigavon Cyclones Wheelchair Basketball club.
For further information please contact Disability Sport NI, Inclusive Sport & Leisure Officer Colleen Connolly.
Mobile: 07769 250885
Address: Lough Neagh Discovery Centre, Oxford Island National Nature Reserve, Craigavon BT66 6NJ
Click Here to find out more about Craigavon Leisure Centre on the Craigavon Borough Council website.