Inclusive Sports Facility Accreditation
The Inclusive Sports Facility (ISF) Accreditation Scheme The ISF Accreditation Scheme has been developed by Disability Sport NI to encourage and recognise excellence in the design of sports facilities. The Accreditation Scheme is awarded to sports facilities which successfully meet the recommendations outlined in Disability Sport NI’s Accessible Sports Facilities Design Guidelines (2022 Edition):
Two levels of ISF Accreditation are available:
• ISF Excellence Accreditation – this level of accreditation recognises optimum levels of good practice in new sports facilities.
• ISF Accreditation – this level of accreditation recognises best possible practice within existing, extended or refurbished sports facilities.
The ISF Process
1. Audit of facility design by Disability Sport NI’s Access Consultant and preparation of an Action Plan
2. Implementation of Action Plan by facility operator/ designer with the guidance of Disability Sport NI’s Access Consultant
3. Complimentary training course, including guidance on the management of an inclusive sports facility
4. Final audit assessment, sign-off and award
Cost of ISF Accreditation
The cost of accreditation will depend on the scale of the sports facility being accredited, however as the cost of the service is provided on a not-for-profit basis, fees are kept to a minimum. If you would like a fee quotation or further information on the Accreditation Scheme please contact Disability Sport NI on email@example.com.