What is a Leisure, Recreation & Sport Programme Assistant Volunteer?
The purpose of this Volunteer opportunity is to provide a friendly, high quality meet and greet service to people taking part in Council leisure activities, events and programmes. Volunteers will act as a point of contact for participants, while also assisting Council Staff to organise and plan programmes and activities. If a volunteer is suitably qualified, they can also assist with the delivery of coached sessions, if appropriate.
Please note: Volunteers will not displace an employed position within the Council and the use of volunteers in this role is the complement the existing Council service provision and help ensure the long-term sustainability of programmes.
Main Volunteering Tasks:
• Support the Sports Development and Countryside Recreation Team to support the delivery of activity sessions, events or programmes across the district.
• Act as a point of contact for participants, providing a friendly and courteous service to members of the public.
• To seek advice and make members of staff aware of any problems where appropriate.
• To comply with all the Council’s policies and procedures.
• To undertake volunteering at all times in a manner that enhances and promotes the positive image of Fermanagh and Omagh District Council.
Leisure, Recreation & Sport Officers, Countryside Recreation Officer and Move More Coordinator
Throughout the Council District
Dates/ Time of Volunteering:
Evenings, Weekdays, Weekends and Bank Holidays (when required)
Closing Date: Friday 7 February 2020 at 12 noon
The volunteering may be subject to:
• Access NI Check (where appropriate)
For further information please contact: email@example.com